Evaluate the weather forecast … can you go safely?
Spend half a day, morning or afternoon, reviewing weather basics with John, using your iPad or Android. We will review the following charts:
- Surface Analysis Chart (SA)
- Low/Hi Altitude Prognostic Charts
- 850mb, 750mb and 500mb constant pressure charts
During our session we will also discuss the following as we develop your go/no-go decision making process:
- High and low pressure systems, ridges and troughs
- Frontal systems; cold, warm, occluded, stationary and secondary fronts
- How to quickly read and interpret METAR’s and TAF’s
John has extensive experience with all of this, and more. Spend some time reviewing the basics and come away more confident, while becoming a better, more weather savvy pilot in the process.